Paris, France – When royalty and aristocrats choose an engagement ring, they will often journey to the rue la Paix in Paris just footsteps from the Place Vendôme to the legendary high jewelry house of Mellerio, founded in 1613 and regarded as the oldest jewelry house in the world. The house has a a line of rings for that special day and also creates bespoke pieces.
Three new creations designed by the house’s artistic director and president Laure-Isabelle Mellerio have just been brought out and can be discovered in the house’s boutique in Paris. Mellerio remains the last of the independent family-owned houses of high jewelry in the French capital. The Maglia engagement ring is all about fine netting reminiscent of a fisherman’s net and evoking the house’s Isola dei Pescatori collection. Meanwhile the finely worked Giardino ring draws its inspiration from a drawing dating from the 1830s and found in the impressive archives of the house and the new ring gives a contemporary angle to the floral and intertwining characteristics of the model. The Stresa ring is an ode to the fine art of Italian gold working. The gold is textured and worked in relief offering an impressive volume.
The house of Mellerio has a particular savoir-faire concerning pieces for betrothals, and celebrated ones at that, like the tiara worn by the Queen Margherita of Italy in 1868 or the red enamel fan studded with diamonds that Napoleon III offered to his beloved Eugénie before marrying her in 1853. The house also has a special savoir-faire in creating bespoke pieces around family-owned gemstones. Made-to-measure has been at the heart of the house since 1613. The house’s workshops remain today above the boutique, in Paris.
©The Gourmet Gazette
9 rue de la Paix
75002 Paris, France
+33 1 42 61 57 53
Categories: Everything Gourmet, Gourmet Wear
Leave a Reply